Once You See, You See The Whole Life »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The First Research Paper

This is the first time I do research paper in English. Yeah! It is a new challenge for me to overcome.
At the first time, I was lost in a huge of topics which I wanted to do: Disney, computer, environment and game. Finally I found out that one of my favorite game has an interesting news, it is recorded in the Guinness Book. I was interested in that topic, so I decided to do research about that.
My topic is about Tomb Raider, a famous game over the world. It was turned into movies and got a lot of success. Because of a game, so not many academic articles and writing about that, it becomes difficult for me to find the material from the academic database and library. However, I got an advantage that many forums on the Internet talked about Tomb Raider. Gaming newspapers and magazines did, too. So I started my work.
The problem is filtering the materials. Oh my god! It made me confused to choose the sources, which are believable or not. Even though, there are vast of amateur writing about that.
If you don't know about the game much, never do research about that. It is difficult for you to know what is true.
And the statics about the movies, it is given for members of the websites who has paid for that information. I was stuck there for a short time because I had to find the date and exact sources.
It was a challenge for me to do. Eventually, I finished it. Thanks God!

0 comments: